University Housing consists of the Director's office and four units: Facilities, Operations, Culinary and Nutrition Services, and Residence Life.
- Our Director's Office staff are responsible for leading our organization and for strategic planning.
- Our Facilities staff are responsible for facilities maintenance and housekeeping.
- Our Operations staff are responsible for contracts, marketing, event planning, tours, information technology, accounting, and our Central Housing Office.
- Our Culinary and Nutrition Services staff run our dining halls, plan and cook meals, work with students with food allergies and intolerances, and more.
- Our Residence Life staff are responsible for running the residence halls and apartments. They provide programs and events for residents, assist with safety and security measures in the residential areas, provide advice and mediation, work with academic units to provide dedicated Living Learning Communities, and more.
By the Numbers
We have approximately 1,000 employees who work within our department within the areas listed above. Of this number, 200 are full-time staff members, 20 are graduate assistants, 150 are resident assistants and academic peer advocates, and 600 are student employees. We are the second-largest employer of students on campus.
Click here to learn about University Housing jobs.
How Can We Help
If you need assistance, we are here for you. You can reach anyone in University Housing by calling our central number at 618/453-2301 or by emailing us. You can also use our Staff Directory to contact specific offices within our department.