University Housing jobs are listed below. Campus jobs are listed here.
Quick Reference for Student Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Maintenance Jobs
- Culinary & Nutrition Services Jobs
- Graduate & Professional Positions
- Resident Assistant and Academic Peer Advocate Positions
- Desk Assistants
Students will need to present specific documents required for employment during the hiring process. These documents are listed on the campus student jobs page. If you are interested in working in one of the following areas, call the appropriate number below, using a (618) area code.
Hiring Offices Directory
While the offices below typically hire students, there is no guarantee of open positions.
|Administrative Jobs||Phone Number|
|Culinary & Nutrition Services||453-1703|
|Evergreen Terrace Apartments||453-5767|
|Central Housing Office||453-2301|
|Maintenance Jobs||Phone Number|
|Mae Smith & Schneider||453-5407|
|Evergreen Terrace Apartments||453-1363|
|Culinary & Nutrition Services Jobs||Phone Number|
|Trueblood Dining Hall*||453-2563|
|Lentz Dining Hall*||453-2479|
*Between June 1 and August 1, direct inquiries for Culinary & Nutrition Services jobs to 453-2301.
Culinary & Nutrition Services Jobs
- ONLINE APPLICATION: To complete and submit an online dining application click here.
- EMAILED OR MAILED APPLICATION: To email or mail an application, download and complete the online dining application here. Submit the completed application with your student schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
ATTN: Cynthia Alexander
Culinary & Nutrition Services
Student Services Building – Mail Code 6716
Southern Illinois University
1263 Lincoln Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901
Civil Service Employment
To learn more about Civil Service employment opportunities, click here.
Graduate & Professional Positions
Learn more about Graduate and Professional positions.
Resident Assistants & Academic Peer Advocates
These positions provide an excellent opportunity for students to learn leadership, communication and teamwork skills. Resident Assistants and Academic Peer Advocates live on each floor in the residence halls and provide a number of services for the residents of that floor and building. Learn more about the RA and APA positions.
Apply to be a Desk Assistant here. Please note that, if hired, you may be placed at any of the following desks: Mae Smith Hall, Neely Hall, Schneider Hall, University Hall, and Wall and Grand Apts.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Live on campus for the entire period of employment. Note: Off Campus Applicants may be considered for Break Desk jobs (i.e. Thanksgiving, Winter Break, Spring Break, and Summer Break).
- Be a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at SIU.
- Be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and semester GPA of 2.3 at the time of application and during employment. If in a graduate degree program, the DA must be in good academic standing with their individual colleges.
- Be in good disciplinary standing.
Talk to your resident assistant or hall director for more information.