Spring Break Closing Information
March 10, 2018 – March 18, 2018
THE RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSE AT 12 NOON ON SATURDAY, MARCH 10. Additional closing dates and times are listed below.
Friday, March 9
- DINING HALLS: Lentz and Trueblood will close at 6:30 p.m.
- COMPUTER LABS: Grinnell and Lentz Computer Labs close at 5 p.m.
- MAIL ROOM WINDOWS: Lentz, Trueblood and University Hall (mail desk) operations, close at 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 10
- AREA OFFICES: Area Offices are closed.
- RESIDENCE HALLS: Residence Halls close at 12 noon.
TAKE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED OVER BREAK. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE BUILDING FROM 12 NOON, MAR. 10 THROUGH 1 p.m., MAR. 18 UNLESS YOU SIGN UP FOR BREAK HOUSING (SEE "BREAK HOUSING" BELOW).
BUILDING STAFF WILL BE ENTERING YOUR ROOM TO VERIFY THE FOLLOWING:
- All perishable food is stored in appropriate containers and all dishes are clean.
- All electrical items, except for fish tanks and refrigerators, are unplugged. Refrigerators and fish tanks may be left plugged into a surge protector. (If your fish tank or refrigerator is plugged into a surge protector, it is your responsibility to unplug ALL items not associated with the fish tank.)
- Convector fan control is set to LOW.
- All items are moved at least three feet away from the convector and all valuables are off the floor (CDs, DVDs, plants, electronics, etc.). (University Housing assumes NO liability for damages to items resulting from heat, water leaks, or electrical problems. Valuables should be removed from the room.)
- All water is turned off (including shower) and toilet is flushed, but not running.
- All trash/waste has been emptied and removed from room.
- Windows and curtains are closed and lights are off.
- Room and bathroom doors are locked.
- Any visible illegal substances, materials or prohibited items that are a violation of the Resident Handbook will be confiscated. Disciplinary action will also be taken.
- Maintenance personnel may enter rooms during the break period for scheduled repairs. (Please make sure doorways are not blocked.)
- If you have newspaper subscriptions and want them held for you over break, you must sign up between 12 noon, Monday, Mar. 5 and 4 p.m., Friday, Mar. 9, at the mail room in your area.
- All bicycles should be stored in a bike rack outside of the residence halls or within the resident room. Bicycles stored in unapproved locations may be subject to removal by the Department of Public Safety.
Neely Hall and University Hall residents are eligible for Break Housing in Neely, provided they sign up at the Residence Life Office in Trueblood Hall between 8 a.m. - 4:30pm, Mar. 5 - 7 or 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Mar. 8.
- Neely Hall residents may remain in their rooms during scheduled University breaks.
- University Hall residents may stay in break housing in Neely Hall during scheduled University breaks, pending space availability.
NOTE: Provided space is available, students living in residence halls other than Neely and University Hall who are in need of Break Housing may space change to Neely Hall prior to break and remain in Neely for the remainder of the academic year. Direct questions to the Residence Life Office at 618/453-3318.
The cost of Break Housing is $27 per night and will be charged to student's Bursar Account. Break housing is charged for the entire break, there is no discount for early departure or for partial stays.
All students planning on staying during breaks should make Break Housing arrangements with the Residence Life Office, located in Trueblood Hall. Direct questions to the Residence Life Office at 618/453-3318. The dining halls are not open during these breaks. If you are a resident of these halls and plan to return early from break, you will not be permitted access to Break Housing unless you sign up during the dates listed above under "Break Housing".
While regular policies and procedures apply during Break Housing, additional guidelines and information is listed below.
- NO MEALS are served during breaks.
- NO GUESTS are allowed during breaks. Students registered for break housing may visit other registered break housing residents.
- Residents staying during break must carry their student ID, FOB, and key at all times.
- Residents of Wall & Grand Apartments may stay in their apartments and are not subject to the fee associated with break housing in the residence halls.
THE RESIDENCE HALLS OPEN AT 1 P.M. ON SUNDAY, MAR. 18.
Sunday, Mar. 18
- DINING HALLS: Lentz and Trueblood are open at 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Monday, Mar. 19
- COMPUTER LABS: Grinnell and Lentz computer labs open at 10:00 a.m.
- MAIL ROOM WINDOWS: Lentz, Trueblood and University Hall (mail desk) operations resume regular hours at 12 noon
- DINING HALLS: Resume normal hours of operation.
SPRING BREAK AREA OFFICE HOURS & PHONE NUMBERS
AREA OFFICE HOURS: Monday, March 12 – Friday, March 16, 8am - 4:30pm
- East Campus: 618/453-3318
- West Campus: 618/453-2471
- University Hall: 618/536-0303
- Wall & Grand: 618/536-2008
24-HOUR DESK OPERATIONS
- Neely: 618/536-6488