Before You Pack
We’ve worked with residents to develop a packing list. We're sure you'll come up with other items to bring to your room, but our packing list will help you get started. Items on the packing list are suggested, not required.
- The residence halls list is below.
- The apartments list is here.
Before you buy anything for your room, we first recommend you read the Resident Handbook to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of living on campus including the "Prohibited Items" list under "Policies".
You'll also want to check out the list of furnishings and amenities included with your room prior to shopping.
What Should You Leave at Home?
A list of items not permitted on campus is available here.
What Should You Pack?
- alarm clock
- back pack
- bedding & linen (extra-long twin size)
- can opener
- cell phone & charger
- cleaning supplies
- clothing (include a nice outfit for class presentations and job interviews and a swimsuit)
- computer and items to access Internet (click here for more info)
- dishes, silverware, pots and pans (only East Campus halls have a kitchen located in the buildings)
- electronics (Stereo/TV/DVD Player/Gaming System/Etc.)
- flashlight with batteries
- first aid kit
- iron & small ironing board
- laundry supplies and basket (high efficiency laundry soap is recommended)
- microwave (no restriction on wattage)
- mini fridge (up to 3.2 cubic feet, max of 2 per room)
- personal documents for employment paperwork - copies are not permitted (social security card, driver's license, birth certificate, passport, etc.)
- personal hygiene products
- personal property insurance
- power strips (Extension cords and splitters without a surge protector are NOT allowed. Surge protectors must be Underwriter's Laboratories (UL) approved.)
- room decorations
- rug and bath mat (University Hall bathrooms are community style and floors 2-4 are carpeted)
- school supplies
- shower caddy
- student ID (if you do not yet have this, you MUST bring a valid government photo ID)
- study/reading lamp (non-halogen)
- telephone (if activating room phone)
- towels/wash cloths/shower shoes
- tv accessories (click here to learn more)
- weather appropriate gear (umbrella, rain coat, snow boots, winter coat, gloves, hat, sunglasses)
- zip ties