Mae Smith, 8th floor, A Wing, Co-Ed
Eligibility: Open to all freshmen who are interested. Students must maintain good academic standing to return for second year.
Jump Start is an ongoing program at SIU, but this is the first year it will have a Living Learning Community. This LLC has the opportunity for 14 students, 6 females and 8 males, to live in an intentionally designed community for freshman focused on assisting students in making a successful academic and social transition to Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Structured programs and supplemental staffing help to achieve this goal.
Program and Benefits
- Access to campus resources that will help each student be successful while being exposed to new environments, relationships, and challenges throughout their time at SIUC.
- Assist students growth in four distinct areas: Interpersonal, Intrapersonal, Community, Social
- Individualized attention from designated Academic Peer Mentors, APA
- Engagement in positive and fun environment with unique targeted programming
- Access to leadership opportunities
If you have questions about eligibility or would like more information about a specific LLC, contact the individual listed below. For general LLC information, contact the University Housing Education & Outreach office at 618.453.7535 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by clicking here.
Todd Bryson, 618.453.7993 or email@example.com