Hispanos Unidos (Hispanics United)
Mae Smith, 8th floor, B Wing, Co-Ed
Eligibility: Open to all freshmen who identify as Latino/Hispanic/Caribbean or who are interested in this LLC. Students must maintain good academic standing to return for second year.
Hispanos Unidos offers the opportunity for 16 freshmen (8 females and 8 males) to live on a dedicated wing that will enhance each student’s overall college experience. Residents of Hispanos Unidos will live together and pursue shared educational and involvement goals. Residents will be introduced to SIU Faculty and Staff and leadership opportunities through social and cultural organizations.
Program and Benefits
- Building a network of faculty and staff members who are willing to support your personal and professional development
- Individualized attention from designated Academic Peer Advocates, APA
- Cultural immersion and enrichment
- Engagement in dynamic, positive and fun environment with unique targeted programming including cultural dinners, guest speakers, visual and performing arts workshops, leadership development and community service opportunities
- Exposure and connection to the Hispanic Resource Center programming
- Faculty mentorship opportunities with weekly/biweekly meetings with faculty/staff
If you have questions about eligibility or would like more information about a specific LLC, contact the individual listed below. For general LLC information, contact the University Housing Education & Outreach office at 618.453.7535 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online by clicking here.
Todd Bryson, 618.453.7993 or email@example.com