Before You Pack
We've worked with residents to develop packing lists to get you started. These lists are not exhaustive - we're sure you'll come up with other items to bring to your apartment. Items on the packing list are suggested, not recommended.
- The apartments packing list is below.
- The residence halls packing list is here.
Before you buy anything for your apartment, we recommend you read the Resident Handbook for prohibited items, policies and procedures. We've provided a quick look of prohibited items in the “what to leave at home list” below.
You should also read "What's Included in Your Apartment" for a list of furnishings and amenities that come with your apartment.
What Should You Leave at Home?
A list of items not permitted on campus is available here.
What Should You Pack?
NOTE: Unless otherwise designated, the items listed below are recommended for all apartments. Listed items already provided by University Housing are designated below by area, i.e. W&G for Wall & Grand, ETGF for Evergreen Terrace Graduate & Family Housing and ETU for Evergreen Terrace Undergraduate Designated apartments.
- can opener
- cookware (pots, pans and baking dishes)
- dish towels and dish soap
- door mat
- microwave (provided in W&G)
- silverware and cooking utensils (spatula)
- small table and chairs set (provided in W&G and ETU)
- tea/coffee pots
Living Room Items
- cable connector
- TV/DVD player/gaming system
- couch or futon (provided in W&G and ETU)
- chair (provided in W&G and ETU)
- coffee table (provided in W&G)
- end table (provided in W&G)
- area rug and door mat
- window coverings (provided in W&G and ETU)
- lamps and light bulbs
- alarm clock
- bed(s) (provided in W&G and ETU)
- bedding - sheets, blankets, pillows and pillow cases (XL twin sheets recommended for W&G and ETU)
- clothing (including a nice outfit for interviews and class presentations and seasonal attire - coat, hat, scarf, gloves, rainboots, etc.)
- desk (provided in W&G and ETU)
- desk chair (provided in W&G and ETU)
- desk lamp (provided in ETU)
- dresser (provided in W&G and ETU)
- night stand
- room decorations (Before decorating, ensure decorations are in compliance with The Guidebook)
- personal hygiene products
- bath mat
- shower curtain (provided in W&G and ETU)
- toilet paper
- towels and washcloths
- back pack
- cell phone & charger
- cleaning supplies – including mop and mop bucket and broom with dust pan
- computer (computer labs are located throughout campus)
- documents needed for employment (Driver's License, Social Security Card, Passport, etc.)
- flashlight w/batteries
- first aid kit
- iron/ironing board
- laundry supplies (basket, soap, fabric softener)
- lamps and lightbulbs
- personal property insurance
- power strip(s)
- rug/carpet (Living room rug and bedroom carpeting provided in ETU)
- school supplies
- study/reading lamp (non halogen)
- telephone (if activating phone line)
- umbrella/rain coat/snow boots/sun screen
- wireless router (ETU residents ONLY)