Eligibility and Requirements
Wall & Grand Apartments
Eligibility: Single SIU Carbondale sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students of any age and freshmen age 21 and older.
Eligibility: SIU Carbondale single graduate students only
Evergreen Terrace Undergraduate Housing
Eligibility: Full-time SIU undergraduate students, 21 and over.
Evergreen Terrace Graduate & Family Housing
Eligibility: SIU Carbondale students with children, married students, domestic partner students, and single graduate students
Additional Requirements and Restrictions for Evergreen Terrace Graduate and Family Housing
- Students must be enrolled full-time for the first semester for which they are requesting housing.
- Graduate students must complete a minimum of 12 hours per year, including summer.
- Adults and legal dependents must jointly occupy the apartment for at least 20 days per month.
- Married students must provide a certified copy of the Marriage License.
- Students with children must provide a copy of the birth certificate for each child residing in the apartment.
Domestic Partnership Requirements for Evergreen Terrace
Domestic Partner students include those students who have a certification of civil union pursuant to Illinois law. In order to reside together as domestic partners, you must:
- be each other’s sole partners and intend to remain so indefinitely,
- have shared a common permanent residence for at least twelve months prior to application or can provide a Certified birth certificate of child(ren) with both domestic partners listed as parent,
- not be related by blood closer than permitted by state law for marriage,
- be capable of consenting to the domestic partnership,
- agree to notify University Housing of any change in partner status immediately (should a change in status occur, neither partner will be eligible to have or be a partner in residence for a six-month period following a change in status),
- provide required documentation: proof of shared living arrangements and two items from the following list (with at least one of these documents dated at least 12 months prior to application): designation of domestic partner as beneficiary for life insurance, designation as retirement death benefit, designation as primary beneficiary in will by either party, durable property and health care powers of attorney, joint ownership of a motor vehicle, joint checking account, joint credit account, marriage certificate, Civil Union certificate, or equivalent legal documentation.
NOTE: Boyfriends/girlfriends are not allowed to reside with residents unless living in a designated co-ed apartment. This is grounds for IMMEDIATE eviction.